Quiche Bites with Red Pepper, Cucumber, Kiwi & Mascarpone Jelly
• 1 big quiche
• 1 red bell pepper
• 5 ml (1 tsp.) sugar
• 1 ½ gelatin sheet
• 200 g (7 oz) mascarpone
• Juice of ½ lemon
• 2 kiwis
• ½ cucumber
• A few poppy seeds
• A few wasabi peas
• Wash the red pepper, remove seeds and cut into pieces. Cook the pieces in 160 ml (5 oz) of sugar water for at least 10 minutes. Drain and mix in a food processor.
• Plunge the gelatin sheets in a container with cold water, then wring gently to remove excess water. Incorporate them to the sweet pepper coulis. Mix well until completely dissolved.
• Divide the mixture into four verrine glasses and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, allowing for the jelly to set properly.
• In a container, mix the mascarpone with the lemon juice.
• Wash, peel and dice the kiwis and cucumber.
• Spread a layer of mascarpone and a few diced cucumber-kiwis over the sweet pepper jelly. Sprinkle with a few poppy seeds and crushed wasabi peas. Refrigerate while the quiche is warming up.
• Heat the quiche according to package instructions.
• Serve the hot quiche with the chilled verrine glasses.